Best Stationary Bike For Home Use – Bestselling Right Now
Running and cycling have long been the mainstays when it comes to cardiovascular exercise. Naturally, the treadmill and the stationary bike have been mainstays when it comes to cardiovascular exercise indoors. Stationary bikes have gone through many evolutions and designs to make the stationary cycling exercise more comfortable and more effective. Today, there are many manufacturers and many types of stationary bikes on the market.
We present our list of the bestselling and best stationary bike exercise machines on the market.
Depending on your situation you may want to consider one or more of the following:
- Upright vs Recumbent: the two main types of stationary bikes: which is best for you? (for more info, check our buying guide: Buying Stationary Bikes: Upright vs Recumbent
- Workout Goals: Lower body only? Upper body too?
- Size and Portability Full size stationary bike like you’d find at a gym? Portable mini stationary bike to use under your desk?
- Simple or Extensive Features: Do you want to just be able to hop on and go? Do you want extensive features like large variety of exercise programs or ability to track and monitor progress?
- And of course … Price!!! Some of the fancier stationary bikes cost 2x to 3x as much as the simpler ones.
Taking all these into account, the number one most popular and best stationary bike on the market is the:
A surprising name comes to the front of the bestseller list. Instead of the fitness and exercise giant you might expect like Schwinn or Stamina, it is a health and wellness company that tops the list. Exerpeutic Therapeutic Fitness is a division of Paradigm Health and Wellness, a company devoted to holistic wellness.
That being said, it’s nice to see a reputable company of this sort top the bestseller list. They definitely are mindful of both design and manufacturing to help give you a quality affordable stationary bike, so much so that they not only make the top spot on our list, but the two top spots: #1 with their upright stationary bike, and #2 with their recumbent stationary bike.
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse is a top selling stationary bike for many reasons.
- Durable: supports up to 300 lbs user.
- Large, comfortable, and adjustable seat
- Handlebar heart-rate monitor
- Crank system design for smooth pedaling
- Balanced flywheel for quiet operation
- Folds up nicely for storage
- Affordable price range
A few quotes from user reviews:
- “For a small budget and a small space, this is a nice little exercise bike.”
- “Surprised to see how solid and rugged it is.”
- ” The seat and body angle are comfortable enough to allow 90 minute plus workouts.”
- “It is very quite. Love that.”“
- “Folds up nice, I can put in the closet easily with the rollers on the bottom.”
- ” It is easy to use and was easy to assemble.”
Overall, this is one of the best options for a upright stationary bike. The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright is well balanced and designed for smooth and quiet operation. One possible “knock” is that you may be want a recumbent bike instead.
If you are considering this, note that the Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike happened to make it to #2 on our list. Same quality, same great engineering, same simple use, but in a recumbent position. And for a very affordable price as well!
In other words, Exerpeutic has put together two very simple and easy to use stationary bikes at an affordable price and according to our research and owner reviews have rightfully claimed the #1 and #2 bestselling spots on our list
Here is our complete list of current most popular best stationary bikes for home use
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
- Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
- Sunny Health And Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Upright Stationary Bike
- Body Max Body Rider Fan Upright Stationary Bike
- DeskCycle Desk Pedal Exerciser Stationary Bike
- Schwinn 170 Upright Stationary Bike
- Schwinn A10 Upright Stationary Bike
- Schwinn 230 Recumbent Stationary Bike
The above list is our list of top selling most popular best stationary bikes for home use on Amazon. They are all usually available at discount prices off of retail – you can click on any of the specific exercise bikes above to get more information.
Recall that the above are the most popular for one reason or another. Take that into account while you do your research. All the exercise bikes are favorable and solid quality, all the way to #8, and the likely reason they higher-scale Schwinn exercise bikes are not higher is because of their price, not their quality. Which basically means: yes! Definitely look at all the bestsellers, and then look through their feature list and figure out which best applies to your workout situation
The list above covers a nice range of stationary exercise bikes with various features, various construction, and various price ranges from $100 to $500. Whether you are searching for a affordable and quality stationary bike exercise machine as a gift or for yourself, chances are high you will find one of the above listed will fit your needs perfectly.
Check out more best stationary bike product reviews, buying guides, and more